Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static on some channels

I just purchased a 32 in roku tcl tv. Set it all up and some of my tv channels are static sounding but the picture is fine. Some channels nothing can be heard. When I go on Netflix or any other app the sound is fine. Ive rest the tv by remote and the back of the tv. I've unplugged and plugged back in I have changed the cable cord but nothing is working to fix it. Please tell me I dont have a junk tv. And that this is fixable 

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Static on some channels

@Beckanichole 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are the channels that you are experiencing Live TV (antenna) channels or are they normal channels on the Roku Home Screen? Can you provide us with the channels that you are experiencing the issues with? 

Try removing the channel(s) from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shawnsgirl
Channel Surfer

My issue is that there is static/crackling during commercials when watching cable. I have unplugged, restarted, removed/reconnected the cable chords from tv and wall with no luck. We had two of the same exact TVs set up the same way with no issues.

0 Kudos

@Beckanichole did you ever find a resolution? I'm currently having the same problem

0 Kudos
Robilp2

I tried and NO, didn’t do anything.  I’m sick & tired of this endless problems with this STUPID TV!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Robilp2

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Angeladr7
Reel Rookie

Re: Resolution to Static on Live TV

I had the same issue with static noises on a new 32 inch Roku TCL tv whenever I switched to Live TV.  The only stations that had the distortion were the ones transmitting through my Uverse cable  box (via coaxial cable). The free Roku channels had no distortion whatsoever.

I fixed the issue today by purchasing a standard HMDI cable, hooking up the HDMI cable from my Uverse cable box to the TV's 3rd HDMI Arc port .  When I turned the tv on,  it automatically recognized I had a new input connected and the UVerse cable came through this input with clear sound and no further issues.   

My guess was the distortion was due to the older coaxial cable.

0 Kudos
Shawnsgirl
Channel Surfer

Well, I don’t have a cable box, unfortunately. I only have cable access from the wall. What’s the best thing to buy to use an hdmi cable? An audio extractor?

0 Kudos
CJae1001
Reel Rookie

So what I'm gathering as I'm having same issue. Buy an HDMI Converter box to help clear up the static. It's an inferior cables connection. Buy converter box and HDMI cord this should clear it up. 

0 Kudos
Angeladr7
Reel Rookie

Ah I see, well since your setup differs from mine, I’m not sure what to suggest. I personally don’t know much about audio extractors. Hopefully someone  more knowledgeable can help you resolve your issue though . 

0 Kudos