Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMSweets

Standard Wii Picture is Terrible

I just got the TCL Roku 4K HDR 6-series 55’ TV. I have the standard (original) Wii from way back and my kids and I play it all the time. I purchased and installed the ONN Composite AV Converter and a 4K UDH HDMI cable to connect the converter to the TV. The sound is fine but the picture is atrocious. It’s like a very thick layer of fog is covering the entire screen, instead of the crisp bright picture I hoped to have. Since I’m connecting older technology to the newest TV technology, should I have purchased a cheaper/plain HDMI instead of 4K? Has anyone else had this problem? That Wii provides much laughter and great memories with my kids. I really need it to work. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Standard Wii Picture is Terrible

From your description, it's hard to be sure if this is just the common result of running a device from the days of 480i on a 4K display or there is more going on.  I did see a light review of the converter on youtube, and that guy was unimpressed saying the colors made it hard to see, so maybe a different converter would be better.  You could also try your TV's picture controls – hopefully they are separate for each input.

0 Kudos