Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcb1
Streaming Star

Re: channel shortcut not working

I did try the website. I've tried everything. every step every order multiple times. don't have a laptop 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

If you tried the website then how did you do it? Via your phone browser? When you log into your Roku account online and search for Spotify does it say "installed"? Can you post a screenshot? 

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

Screenshot_20220321-103012_Chrome.jpg

this is what it shows but previously it said "add" it acts like it does something. but it doesn't. still isn't on my homepage 

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

i can add other channels just fine. whether it's through the app, website, device itself. every channel can be added and works except spotify and that's literally the only other reason I even have a Roku TV 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

I am noticing something. You have 1 bar of cell signal and only 2 WiFi. That means you have a very poor cell signal and WiFi. I imagine your Roku does also. If it shows installed then it should be installed on your Roku. Are you sure your logged into your Roku on the same account you are showing? I just had my cousin add Spotify to his Roku TV. Works. It clearly is not a Roku issue. It is something on you end. Did you contact the TV manufacture? Why on earth would you buy a Roku TV just for Spotify? Do you have external speakers hooked up to your TV? You realize you can get a powerful Bluetooth speaker and play Spotify from your phone to the speaker. 

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

well I switched to my other network in hopes that would do something. but I can switch it back. I've always had a not decent cell signal where I live. I had a regular TV with like a roku express plug in. it always ran on my network with no issues. my next step was to contact spotify or the manufacturer 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

and thats why I'm literally going insane over this. everything acts like it should be there. it's installed. but yet it does not show up. and when I hit go to channel it goes right back to the same screen. doesn't bring me to where the channel supposedly is 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Ignore “take me there”. So your saying you only have 10 channels On your Home Screen. And one of those channels is not Spotify? Have you checked for updates on your Roku TV? 

0 Kudos
kcb1
Streaming Star

I have less than that now cause I deleted literally everything beside the few streaming services I have. I have yet to see spotify anywhere on my homepage. the TV is up to date. there are no updates available 

0 Kudos