Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shamrockoz
Level 8

Soundbar setup - not HDMI Arc

Jump to solution

Hello,

During setup - I could not find how to enable the HDMI ARC on my TV - so I installed the soundbar without HDMI ARC. Everything works fine - I did not need to use the extra cable ( to be used if no HDMI ARC on TV ).

Later, going back to the TV - I learned how to enable HDMI ARC for the TV.

Do I need to reset Soundbar to re-enter the setup phase or am I ok as is? Just wondering if I am missing any functionality without the HDMI ARC setup for the Soundbar ...

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Soundbar setup - not HDMI Arc

Jump to solution

No, as long as the hdmi cable coming from trhe soundbar is connected to the hdmi you turned the ARC on for, you shouldn't have to do anything else. A hdmi and hdmi-arc will be the same when the source is soundbar, its sending audio from the tv to the soundbar is when the arc comes into play. Without the arc you would use the optical cable, the extra one. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Soundbar setup - not HDMI Arc

Jump to solution

No, as long as the hdmi cable coming from trhe soundbar is connected to the hdmi you turned the ARC on for, you shouldn't have to do anything else. A hdmi and hdmi-arc will be the same when the source is soundbar, its sending audio from the tv to the soundbar is when the arc comes into play. Without the arc you would use the optical cable, the extra one. 

Edmund

View solution in original post