cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Soundbar not working

Jump to solution

I bought a Roku ultra box for my LG TV but it is not compatible with the Roku sound bar which apparently requires a Roku TCL tv. I bought a Yamaha sound bar but that wouldn’t work with Roku ultra and LG TV. How can I get a compatible sound bar for my Roku ultra an LG TV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Soundbar not working

Jump to solution

@Tomkem 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if you have a Roku Smart Soundbar, you will not need the Roku Ultra since the Roku Smart Soundbar has a Roku player built in. You also do not need to have a Roku TV to use your Roku Smart Soundbar.

For more information about the Roku Smart Soundbar, visit our Support page here: What is a Roku® Smart Soundbar?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did you go thru settings menu?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Tomkem 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if you have a Roku Smart Soundbar, you will not need the Roku Ultra since the Roku Smart Soundbar has a Roku player built in. You also do not need to have a Roku TV to use your Roku Smart Soundbar.

For more information about the Roku Smart Soundbar, visit our Support page here: What is a Roku® Smart Soundbar?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am trying to set up my new soundbar and I can not get past the “please keep your device plugged in until we finish updating, this may take a bit.”

Any suggestions? I waited for over 4 hours and it never left that screen. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@thomasgrieve 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device and trying to setup your Soundbar up again. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

In addition, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can activate and setup your device. Then once your device is all setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue.  Sound bar seems stuck at the "Please keep your device plugged in until we finish updating, this may take a bit"

I have tried reset (held down for 30s), but it goes straight back to the screen.

Light is typically stuck on green, about 5s after reset goes blue and then stays green.

If I release the reset button quickly, it stays orange.

It does not seem to be connected to WiFi (as per router log) but it's stuck in this cycle even after power off.

Any suggestions to hard reset it?

Thanks, Tim 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R Thanks for the reply Danny. I have tried everything that you suggested in the email, and I’m still having the same issues. I think I must have a non-working soundbar. As mentioned in my previous emails, I’m hoping to exchange this one for another one that works. I would love to use my soundbar but at this point, I can’t. A lot of time has passed since your last communication. Please advise ASAP! Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@timbro68 @thomasgrieve 

Thanks for the update.

If you still unable to resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to pass along your information to our Support team who will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos