Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Soundbar issues --- no sound at turn-on

I have two Roku soundbars hooked up to two Samsung 4k tvs.  One is just a cable box and TV hookup.  The other is a cable box, playstation, and TV.  The PS4 is connected directly to the TV.

In either case and with both TVs, I get frequent instances where I turn on the Roku and TV and there is no sound.  Or sometimes there is sound for a few seconds and it shuts off.  I usually have to turn the power on and off a few times before it works.  I have the audio set up to come from the Roku receiver.  I've tried several power cycles.  I'm not sure what the issue is.  Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 19

Re: Soundbar issues --- no sound at turn-on

@mppsu2003 Thanks for reaching out. You can see more tips about setting up your Roku Smart Soundbar for audio here: https://support.roku.com/article/360035580913-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-smart-soundbar-

We'd recommend trying both the HDMI ARC and/or the optical audio connections to connect the Soundbar to your TV for audio, and see if this helps resolve the issue you are seeing. You might also try using a different HDMI port for HDMI connections to see if this helps improve the issue. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku soundbar volume muted on power up

I have the same problem with my soundbar. No sound until I press the volume button

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have the same exact issue. I turn on the Roku soundbar and my TV and the Roku part works but once I change HDMI ports for my Xbox the sound doesn’t work. I’m using the HDMI ARC port and optical cable for the Roku soundbar and still the sound doesn’t come on right away. Like the first poster. I have to keep doing a power cycle for it to maybe work half the time. 

0 Kudos
Level 20

Don't use the ARC and optical at the same time, its one or the other. So use the ARC only, or use the regular hdmi and optical together. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

Yeah. I tried that too. I feel like it’s just a flaw with the sound bar. 

0 Kudos