Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ej48
Level 9

Soundbar help needed

I didn't buy the ROKU sound bar for $171.00 for it to sit on my tv stand I got tired of Dicken with the so called costumer support back in Feb so its just set Id like to return it for a refund

10 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Soundbar help needed

@ej48 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bigwank
Level 7

same problem, I'm SICK of typing in my longass email address thru a remote! I've done it 4x now! And it's just running me in circles! I like how roku can say the situation has affected them & they can't provide customer service, but they sure can take my money for a useless product!

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@bigwank 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please elaborate and specify the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ej48
Level 9

ive got a message on my screen that reads this configuration of audio devices is not currently supported

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ej48 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
alphaaces1976
Level 7

Hello guys, this is alpha aces 1976. The only way I was able to use my vizio sound bar with roku tv was to connect the headphone jack on the tv to my sound bar. I have to turn the sound bar on with the sound bar remote however I can adjust the volume with the roku remote.   I hope this helps ya.

0 Kudos
FedupwithRKU
Level 8

can't set up the Roku Soundbar with the Roku Speakers

I have a Roku TV and 2 Roku Speakers that work. I just bought the Roku sound bar and upon set up I now have 2 set ups on my Roku TV. One that takes me to Direct TV with the speakers working and one with the new Sound bar set up that gives me all the streaming bs where the sound bar only works. I can not find a way to get my Direct TV on the soundbar set up and nothing helps on the support page.  What the heck? 

Does anyone have the answer to this?  I'm ready to send it all back and buy Sony! 

Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: can't set up the Roku Soundbar with the Roku Speakers

Is the soundbar connected to the roku tv by hdmi-arc? Is it using hdmi plus optical? Try refreshing the cec devices in the settings of the roku tv. 

settings> system> control other devices(CEC)> search CEC > 

Edmund
0 Kudos
FedupwithRKU
Level 8

Re: can't set up the Roku Soundbar with the Roku Speakers

It's connected to the hdmi-arc.    

Why can't I get my Direct TV on the sound bar set up with all the other streaming channels? ie, netflix, hulu etc 

I now have to use the direct TV remote for the TV and the Roku remote for everything else. 

The sound bar only works with Direct TV.

The speakers and sound bar work with the streaming channels. 

I had just the speakers set up and everything was in one place until I set up the sound bar.