Yankeegirl
Channel Surfer

Re: Soundbar having issue pairing remote

You are correct.

Doesn't flash whether I do a hard reset (meaning unplug etc steps) or go through Settings and try to set up new remote.. Cannot re-pair.

Settings shows the Voice Remote but says it's asleep and tells me to go through these same steps to wake it up.. but Nope.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Yankeegirl wrote:

... Doesn't flash whether I do a hard reset (meaning unplug etc steps) or go through Settings and try to set up new remote.. Cannot re-pair. ...

Just to be clear, you don't have to restart your Roku device to pair a remote. Simply pressing and holding the pairing button on the remote is enough. The flash isn't driven by the Roku in any way. It's part of the process that starts when you hold down the Pair button for 5 seconds.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Yankeegirl
Channel Surfer

That may be... but online support instructions say otherwise.

And in any event --- no flash when pressing pairing button in any circumstances.

Think my remote just died, coincidentally when I had internet issues.  I can control through app currently and just going to request a new remote. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Yankeegirl 

Just FYI, the steps you took are required during setup, not for later pairing. https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473

That will save you some time when you go to pair your next one to an already-set up Roku.

You can find Voice Remotes ($20) at Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and other such places, if there is one locally. With the price of gas, it may be better to order online and possibly pay shipping, but if you're heading to one of those stores anyway, you may be able to pick one up quicker.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos