Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yankeegirl
Channel Surfer

Soundbar having issue pairing remote

I have a similar issue.

Have 3 Roku Soundbars.  

2 are Streambars and 1 is the Smart Soundbar.

Internet provider (Bridgenet) did some maintenance, their network went down for 15 hours before they fixed their issue. Now the Smart Soundbar remote won't work.  Bar works as I get sound from Satellite, but can't get to settings or anything on the Roku.

I know it's not the Router as everything else connects just fine and the 2 Streambars are having no issues.  It's just the Smart Soundbar.

Do I just need to factory reset and start all over?  Or is there another way to get in there?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Soundbar having issue pairing remote

@Yankeegirl 

Don't factory reset yet. Have you tried to pair the remote to the Smart Soundbar?

https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Yankeegirl
Channel Surfer

Yes.  I'm thinking to try download app and maybe get in the "back door"?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Yankeegirl 

Keep in mind, the Roku app only connects to a Roku device that's already on the network. If that outage caused you to lose network credentials, and your Roku device isn't on the network, you can't use the app.

If it is on the network, you can use the app. But you still may want to open the battery compartment on the Roku Voice Remote and press the little button.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Yankeegirl
Channel Surfer

Thanks for help.

App allows me to control Roku Soundbar.  Must be coincidental (?) that remote decided to stop working when I lost internet?

Can't get it to pair at all (in any way).  But.. at least I can control Roku through the app. So there's something.

System not even 9 months old.  Guess I'll see if they'll send me a free replacement remote.

0 Kudos
Yankeegirl
Channel Surfer

Making progress.  It now tells me that "Your Voice Remote is alseep".

Tells me to repair.  Unplug Roku, wait 5 secs etc etc.

Tried that twice -- Remote won't flash for pairing.

Am I missing something here?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Yankeegirl wrote:

.., Am I missing something here?

Batteries?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Yankeegirl
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the chuckle.  Have checked, changed, and double checked.  Not batteries.

0 Kudos
renojim

@Yankeegirl, so when you press and hold the pairing button on the remote in for a good 5 seconds the pairing light doesn't start to flash?

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Sewlful
Reel Rookie

I changed the HDMI connection to a HDMI12 it had been on 13. Don't know why it made a difference, but it fixed it for my TV. It worked fine on my other tv, but it only had 1 HDMI connection, who knows. They just keep trying to fix something that wasn't broke...

0 Kudos