Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DVD2

Soundbar activation upon pause or wake up.

I have a Hisense Roku tv. I have a Hisense soundbar hdmi. When I pause a program and the soundbar goes to sleep or off. It does not turn back on when I press play on my roku remote that came with the tv. I have to use the Hisense soundbar remote to turn the soundbar on. Amazon fire allows the soundbar to activate once the program is un paused. Why can't the Roku Hisense tv do this? Its very annoying and frustrating. Thanks for any explanation to this problem.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Soundbar activation upon pause or wake up.

Hi @DVD2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the soundbar that is connected to your Roku TV. We'd love to know more about the issue that you're having. Could you tell us how long you've been experiencing this issue? Is this happening to all the content you've watched? Is your soundbar wired or wireless? In the meantime, please try to unplug the Roku TV and the soundbar for 3 to 5 minutes and see if that fixes the issue that you're having.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos