Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar Pro wont connect to wifi and light in front flashes yellow and red

My new soundbar pro Bought this less than a month ago been awesome device woke up this morning and won't connect to my wifi , I install my areas internet I know that my service is working and my routers are working all my other devices are working but the soundbar won't,  it has a yellow flashing light in the front of it I have reset and unplugged it, sometimes the light is red , it is out in the open and on top of my TV I'm about upset at this and ready to send this back to roku 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Soundbar Pro wont connect to wifi and light in front flashes yellow and red

Can you be more specific about what "won't connect" means?  What happens when you go through the steps under Settings->Network->Set up connection?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

It will scan all networks that I have I put in the password and it will not connect , I even changed the password on the routers and tried again and still will not connect to the network

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @Blackhatcowboy

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku Soundbar. It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About. Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Blackhatcowboy-

Your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router that changed the connection parameters from b/g/n to g/n and affects some Roku models -- I don't know if the Sounbar Pro is one of them. This has been reported lately with equipment from Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.

Affected users report the Roku identifies the local network as available and rates the connection quality, but will not then connect.  The fix is to change the router configuration back from g/n wifi protocols to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Step-by-step post from @AvsGunnar for Comcast/Xfinity users:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
UncleRob
Level 7

I am having the same problem. I cannot get the sound bar to see the available networks to choose from. I just got this as a xmas gift. The initial setup went smoothly and had no issues. Then got up this morning and cannot get it to reconnect. Roku has very little to no customer support. Very dissapointing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@UncleRob

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to connect your Roku Soundbar to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if your device can see and connect to that network?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@UncleRob-

If it connects one day but can't even see the network the next, I'd suspect something changed on the router.

Rokus can see and connect to only these channels:

• 2.4 GHz wifi band:
    Channels1 through 11 as are used in North America.  They cannot use channels 12-14 that are used in some other parts of the world.
  • 5 GHz wifi band:
    Channels 36 through 48 and 149 through 165.

If your network "disappeared" from one day to the next I'd suspect your router is set to auto-select the channel to use.  If it switches you to a channel not recognized by the Roku, the Roku will no longer even see the network is there.  See if you can configure your router NOT to use an auto channel selection and set it to use a channel from the above lists.

You may need to experiment to find a channel that gives you the best throughput, especially on the crowded 2.4 GHz band, as you may pick up interference from nearby neighbors' routers using the same channel.

In the 2.4 GHz band, Channels 1, 6, and 11 do not overlap each other and thus give you the best chance at reducing congestion, so try each in succession, although depending on what channels your neighbors are using other channels may work best. Also, reducing router bandwidth from 40 to 20 kHz may also reduce interference.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
UncleRob
Level 7

Thanks for the reply but I have tried everything I can think of and them some. I have 2 ROKU sticks in other areas of my house that are working fine. No connectivity issues at all. Still very disappointed in this product.

0 Kudos
UncleRob
Level 7

Thanks for this reply. Router is set on ch 6 and I have no way/understanding of how to change that. I have 2 other ROKU sticks that are functioning properly, no connection issues at all. ROKU CS is really poor.

0 Kudos