cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sound issues with Roku Ultra and Samsung TV

@rtexas

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
rtexas
Streaming Star

I'll send along two more.  I look forward to hearing what the Roku team learns.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
rtexas
Streaming Star

Here is another example of no sound when trying to watch YouTube TV from my Samsung QN65Q70RAFXZA. Roku Ultra (4800 series) IMG_4970.jpgIMG_4971.jpg

Urbanboomer
Channel Surfer

I’m considering switching to a Fire-Stick from Amazon. 

rtexas
Streaming Star

I'm still hoping Roku can come up with a fix.  But I will consider another option if they can't correct the sound issues.  

0 Kudos
peterac
Channel Surfer

Same issue with new one I received Saturday. Software up to date. No sound bar. Just TV speakers on old Samsung TV. Had Roku stick+ hooked to it prior for years. This one I put on Ethernet. Had to hard reboot with power cord. Remote Restart did not fix anything. No sound on any app. Also seemed to be slow prior to power reboot. Do not have any  other devices connected, used everything that came with Ultra 4802R. Have 2 other much older Rokus on TV's and never had this issue. Strange. Will keep an eye out on this. Tx. I see by posts a lot pf others having same issue.

rtexas
Streaming Star

Yes the only way I've found to fix the no sound issue is to unplug the Roku and wait for it to reboot. But not a great option when you have to do it multiple times per week or day. Roku Ultra (4800 series) 

0 Kudos
rtexas
Streaming Star

Any updates from the Roku team about the lack of sound with my Roku and Samsung TV?  Is there any additional information they need?  

Thank you

rtexas
Streaming Star

Here is another example of no sound when turning on the Roku for YouTube TV on our Samsung UN40MU7000.  Roku Ultra (4800 series) The issue does happen on other channels such as Prime Video, Netflix, HBO Max but I don't watch those as often.  As usual, I fix by disconnecting the power from the Roku and then reconnect.

Any updates from the Roku team looking into this issue?  

Thank youIMG_5017.jpgIMG_5018.jpg

0 Kudos
rtexas
Streaming Star

Here is another example.  Was watching youtube tv and paused it. When I turned off pause and wanted to watch my show there was no sound.  Samsung UN40MU7000 Roku Ultra (4800 series) 

IMG_5085.jpgIMG_5086.jpg

0 Kudos