Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Sound dropping bad using ARC from R625 to Onkyo Receiver

Hi All, 

I just purchased a R625 65 inch TV.  Connected it to an Onkyo TX-RZ920 receiver, via the ARC on both systems.  Enabled ARC on TV and Receiver.  Updated both systems for system updates. HDMI cables are new, using a 2.0 from TV to receiver.  Using any app with the Roku on the TV, I get constant sound drop out.  When I switch to an external Roku ultra connected to Receiver with a HDMI 2.1 cable the sound is perfect.  I tried turning off TV speaker and setting ARC to auto passthrough and auto detect with no luck.   Also sound is fine from Xbox 1X trough receiver.  Any suggestions?  Thanks! 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sound dropping bad using ARC from R625 to Onkyo Receiver

@jdr1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku TV from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. The sound drops when I switch from one app to another. Also running ARC into an ONKYO receiver. If I muck around and toggle my receiver to another mode and back to TV, it will pick it up again, it's just upon switching from, say, Prime to Netflix. The sound is great through 2.0 when I get it going, but each time I boot something new up, it's gone again. Any suggestions you've got would be greatly appreciated. Onkyo home theater receiver, TCL Series 8.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I am having the same problem. 

My unit is an Onkyo HT-s5800, and I have a series 5 Tlc.

Same exact issues as you. When I first bought it, I was not struggling. Then, I think it updated to 9.3 and this started.

I tried a factory reset, and everything was working for like 30 minutes. I then switched to prime and back to square one. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have a new 75” TCL with constant audio drop outs.  I am using ARC through my new Onkyo receiver. This is beyond frustrating!!  $1200 tv and you can’t even listen to it. 

0 Kudos

I have a roku 55s525

running 9.4

connected to an onkyo ht rc330

through arc and sound drop continuously. Power off and on  receiver and it come back. Very annoying 

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Patinpending75 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried plugging in your Roku device directly to your TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi All, 

I never was able to solve the problem and basically gave up.  I am still running an external Roku and it works fine, as well as xbox one.  I believe its the TV, I should have followed up with TCL and did not.  For sure I wont buy another another one and its a good lesson in "you get what you pay for"!  I hope you are able to fix your problems!  I just check my ARC out, which is now eARC and I have no sound at all from the roku or the off air antenna I use for local HD stations from the TCL.  I did a soft reset for video and sound, I will try a full TV reset later.  So my problem seems to have gotten worse!

0 Kudos