Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gamerman
Level 7

Sound but vary dim picture

Yea I have a roku 32" TLC tv and it was a great tv had for almost 3 yrs one day I wanted to watch Netflix on my ps4 and wen I turned it on it was working then I went to select hdmi and the screen went black but the TV didnt turn off cause I could still hear sound and could barely see wat was on the screen, life trying to figure this out can anyone help me

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Sound but vary dim picture

First I'd say unplug the TV from power, let it sit for a minute or so, then power it back on. If it comes back on, you're done.

However, since you say you can faintly see an image, I'm guessing the backlight has failed. Older sets had florescent bulbs that can just suddenly stop working. Or the power supply has failed. Since you can see motion, it sounds like the LCDs themselves, as well as the main control board, are still working. Honestly, with the low price of TVs in that size, I would say it's just time for a replacement. If you can't get anything on the screen (broadcast TV or anything connected via HDMI), it's not worth the cost to attempt repair. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos