cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veast
Level 7

Sound bar vs streambar

Jump to solution

Can someone please explain the difference between the Roku Soundbar and Roku streambar?  I need one but don't know which one OR if I just need the Roku Speakers.  I have a new Roku Westinghouse TV.  Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sound bar vs streambar

Jump to solution

@Veast 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For the most part, both Roku audio devices do the same thing, with the major difference being the size of the device.

For a more detailed comparison, you can use our Compare feature on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Veast 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For the most part, both Roku audio devices do the same thing, with the major difference being the size of the device.

For a more detailed comparison, you can use our Compare feature on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
rherrema
Level 8

Jump to solution

Interesting. I originally had a Sound Bar. It had issues and Roku replaced it. I received a replacement, exact same footprint and looks exactly the same. The software however identifies it as a Streambar.

0 Kudos
RileyDylan
Level 7

Smart Soundbar or Streambar (with or without sub?) for TCL 6 Series?

Jump to solution

Recently got the TCL 6 series (love it) and have had some issues with the internal speakers, but I can’t find any in stock for a replacement so I’m just looking to get a soundbar. What is generally the preference between these two? They seem virtually identical aside from the size of the drivers, so I’m inclined to get the Streambar due to its size and because it’s newer, but the reviews seem pretty mixed regarding audio quality. Also not sure if you’d need the Sub for it to sound good. I would primarily be using it for watching TV and playing PS5. The rest of my home has Sonos and a HomePod mini, and is centered around Airplay 2. I like that these bars are HomeKit-ready and should work seamlessly with my Roku TV, and the price seems good enough but I’m not confident enough to pull the trigger yet. I’m also considering the TCL Alto 8+. Anyone able to provide their experiences/insight?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Smart Soundbar or Streambar (with or without sub?) for TCL 6 Series?

Jump to solution

@RileyDylan 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos