Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DESIGN DEFECT: Roku remote cannot control optically connected sound bar

Jump to solution

Absolutely!  I switched from Firestick because it was so slow. I love the speed of roku, but wtf on the remote. So simple to fix. Come on guys. 

0 Kudos
RJ98

Re: Sound bar connected via optical be able to be controlled by Roku smart tv remote

Jump to solution

Yes I was able to connect my Yamaha Soundbar to my Roku TV. My soundbar is connected via optical cable. The TV has an IR sensor. Rather than looking at Roku`s compatability to your sound bar, search for your sound bars ability to connect to an IR device. Don't rely on the Roku instructions. Search for your soundbar's instructions.

BrilliantD

Re: Sound bar connected via optical be able to be controlled by Roku smart tv remote

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Vizio Soundbar 2.0.

The instructions include the soundbar "learning" the IR commands from the Roku remote. 

It took a few tries but I did get it to work.  Now just one remote  (Roku) to control the TV and Soundbar.

0 Kudos
wsonner

Jump to solution

I found out that if you have an LG tv and an LG soundbar, you can turn on LG Sync in advanced audio settings and the Roku remote will control the audio.

0 Kudos