cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sound bar and Hisense TV

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense Roku TV. Will the smart sound bar work with the tv?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sound bar and Hisense TV

Jump to solution

@taylorvrae 

Thanks for the inquiry.

A Roku Smart Soundbar will work with any television with an available HDMI port, however we recommend using the HDMI port on your TV labeled ARC, or the ARC port. If your TV does not have an ARC port, you will need to connect a second cable. In addition to the HDMI cable, you need to connect an optical cable to your TV's optical output.

For more information regarding the Roku Smart Soundbar, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® Smart Soundbar?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish with the "smart" soundbar.   I bought a Vizio SB362An-F6 2.1 soundbar for my Hisense 43R7E television in my office.  It does NOT have a separate subwoofer.  Its subwoofer is IN the soundbar.  The soundbar is available on-line for about $100 new (less for used on e-Bay).

Hope this helps you in making your decision.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@taylorvrae 

Thanks for the inquiry.

A Roku Smart Soundbar will work with any television with an available HDMI port, however we recommend using the HDMI port on your TV labeled ARC, or the ARC port. If your TV does not have an ARC port, you will need to connect a second cable. In addition to the HDMI cable, you need to connect an optical cable to your TV's optical output.

For more information regarding the Roku Smart Soundbar, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® Smart Soundbar?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny....i have a Samsung TV, and had no problems connecting my Roku sound bar. I did, however, have problems connecting my wireless speakers to my sound bar. On the Roku site, in the information about the ONN speakers, it says "New! Pair with your Roku Smart Soundbar for immersive surround sound". So, why can't I pair them with MY sound bar?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I forgot to mention that my TV is not a Roku TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Bhubs0513 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about attaching your Roku TV Wireless Speakers to your Roku Smart Soundbar, visit our Support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/360034290933-getting-to-know-your-roku-smart-soundbar

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos