Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mehmachine

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

Yup Me too. It happened on my friends as well. His sound completely gone..he has a slightly larger  but same makebrand TV as me. These tvs suck I will never bye another tcl roku tv again and tell everyone to avoid them.

I have to click the power on and off and maybe I might get soundor I might get distorted sound or I might get nothing at all

0 Kudos
TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It just occurred to me that TCL has had a long time to fix this issue with their periodic software updates. I thought I’d go back into the settings on try turning on sound leveling again to see if it’s fixed. Guess what?  That feature is no longer available on my model 43S403 TV.  I guess that’s one way to fix something — just remove the option. 

Perhaps those of you still experiencing the issue are running an older version of the software, or have a TCL TV model that hasn’t yet removed the feature that TCL couldn’t seem to fix. 

I have to say that my TCL TV has been trouble free for quite some time. Initially I had various audio and video quirks, but at some point in time some software update seems to have resolved all my issues. 

0 Kudos
TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Oops!  Not sure how to remove my last comment, but it is not accurate. It had been so long since I had messed with sound leveling I forgot how to activate it. The feature IS still there. 

Instead of accessing the option through the settings menu, you access it by hitting the asterisk “*” button on the TCL Roku TV remote while watching some video source. 

I have turned the leveling back on to see if the current software version has resolved this issue. I’ll report back later if the sound distortion occurs again. 

0 Kudos
scooter4598
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I checked for an update when I lost all sound a couple weeks ago; no update. Wouldn't surprise me if they do eliminate that feature to solve the problem. I have a 32" TV

0 Kudos
LAPD20

Jump to solution

I too had this garbled audio problem. I went to Settings, System, Advanced System Settings, Factory Reset, Reset Picture/Audio Settings, then pressed the "pause"button on the remote 3 times. That fixed the problem. It's not a complete factory reset, so all my apps are still on there. It only rest picture and audio settings.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This worked for me as I had my volume mode set to leveling as well. Wonder why it does this?

0 Kudos
Ymvt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I started having the distorted sound problem yesterday and then no sound at all today on any channels.  I never use You Tube on my TV, so it did not start there for me.  I searched through my tv settings and was able to “reset audio to factory settings” and this fixed my problem. Sound is normal again, No distortion.

0 Kudos
Ymvt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Needed to add:  I was in Advanced Settings when I found the Factory Settings and then chose Reset TV audio/picture settings.  However, prior to that I had been in regular Settings and under AUDIO I turned the speakers off and then on again. So, I’m not sure which actually corrected the problem I was having.  I didn’t think to check the sound after turning speakers off and back on before going on to the Advanced Settings where I reset factory settings for audio/picture. Try the speakers first would be my suggestion. Then see if sound is restored to normal.

0 Kudos
Orion86

Jump to solution

I had mine set on “night” and it was also doing it. Just followed your instructions and the echoing stopped immediately!! Hopefully this last longer than a day, very disappointed with the quality. 

@TheFoodGuy wrote:

I found what seems to be a fix for the distorted sound problem. I read somewhere that turning off the volume mode might help. I had mine set to “leveling”, but after I turned it off, I haven’t had any problems with distorted sound. 

I hope it works for you also. 

0 Kudos
Explorer40
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This same fix also worked for me, the problem seems to be in the Sound Leveling process. Turned Leveling off, in the options list, and the sound does not have the echo sound.

0 Kudos