Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TinaLC

Re: How to fix distorted sound on my TCL TV

Jump to solution

Where do I find Volume Mode? Is there another name for it? I have Sound Mode and a volume setting but it only has options for low, medium and high. 

0 Kudos
TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

On my TCL Roku TV, Volume Mode shows up on the menu just below Sound Mode. I just press the “asterisk” button and scroll down to “Volume Mode”. Perhaps this option is not available on all models or is called something else. 

Volume mode offers 3 options: Leveling, Night, or Off. Off seems to be the only safe option. 

Cjaxax

Jump to solution

I just noticed the same distortion today on my TCL Roku TV, all channels, apps. I tried messing w the audio setting options, to no avail. But I did unplug for about 30 sec, and it returned to normal. Guess I'll have to keep monitoring to see if the problem perdists.

0 Kudos
Moreno

Jump to solution

It worked, thanks!  Turning off leveling made the distortion disappear.  Sanity restored

Jump to solution

I know it’s frustrating I’m dealing with it too. I have figured out how to get it back to normal for a little while maybe a few days or weeks. You have to do a reboot using your remote you have to hit the buttons in this exact order and your tv will freeze for a few seconds then reboot. It’s Home Button 5x, Up button 1x, rewind 2x, fast forward 2x. It works for me for a little while but there needs to be a permanent fix. 

0 Kudos
Oreo_nurse

Jump to solution

@TheFoodGuy wrote:

I found what seems to be a fix for the distorted sound problem. I read somewhere that turning off the volume mode might help. I had mine set to “leveling”, but after I turned it off, I haven’t had any problems with distorted sound. 

I hope it works for you also. 

I was having the same issue with a tv that was less than 6 months old. I paused the Netflix program I was watching, turned the leveling off, and voila!...problem solved immediately! Thanks, @TheFoodGuy for the advice!

leavemealone
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked for me.  I don't what happened but itis no joke because I have no one to take this TV when it goes **bleep** up.  It is the 75" and is too heavy to move.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Ok I found the fix! Your post help me to figure out the issue. Pause the stream. Go to “Vilume Mode”. Change it to “off” status. Then resume streaming. Problem solved. #garbbledROKUsoundfix.  #distortedROKUsound 

Jump to solution

Press the * button on your ROKU remote it should

@TinaLC wrote:

Where do I find Volume Mode? Is there another name for it? I have Sound Mode and a volume setting but it only has options for low, medium and high. 

take you to the screen to change it. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This worked!  Thanks so much it’s been driving me crazy. Stay safe

0 Kudos