Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grswick

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

You wrote:  "I found what seems to be a fix for the distorted sound problem. I read somewhere that turning off the volume mode might help. I had mine set to “leveling”, but after I turned it off, I haven’t had any problems with distorted sound.:

Exact same solution in my case!  

Jump to solution

I just reset the network connection and it's fixed. It's fast and easy. These TVs seem to be very particular about the network connection.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Reconnecting the power cable worked for me. thank you! 

0 Kudos
TeeTee_86

Jump to solution

I'm having this issue as well. My tv started making these sounds on Netflix and now all apps are making the same sound. How do we fix this issue for good?

0 Kudos
TAO
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I would follow the suggestions in the thread.  No need to repeat.

0 Kudos
dumbodonus

Jump to solution

I have been having this issue for about a year and the only thing that works for me is to restart the Roku/TCL TV device using the restart code. 

- Restart Code:

1. Home 5 times.
  2. Up 1 time.
  3. Rewind 2 times.
  4. Fast Forward 2 times.

It must be a software problem because I've plugged in a soundbar and the problem persists. 

0 Kudos
rdelp68

Jump to solution

I found easier way on my TV

Goto
1. System 
2. Power
3. System restart 

jogalac

Audio distortion

Jump to solution

We have loved our #TCL Roku TV with no problems for over a year. Recently have been having sound issues: irratic, static, choppy, out of sync and echoing regardless of what channel we are watching or which service we are using (cable or streaming or roku)

This problem is so bad it makes watching tv at the least annoying and at the worst impossible. 

0 Kudos
EricaH1027

Jump to solution

same! It's been going on about a month now. I've found unplugging the tv helps for a while and also restarting the app helps sometimes. Just found another solution in this thread! Thanks to those that suggested it. Turning off the volume mode instantly corrected the sound. It was on leveling on ours too.  We are too poor to keep buying tvs! Lol Especially the one as big as we have now! They definitely owe it to their loyal customers to investigate and fix this issue for future purchases. 

0 Kudos
PeterNyles

Jump to solution

Turning off Volume mode definately works however, i really need to use one of the volume modes as volume fluxuations are a nightmare. Why all of a sudden volume modes mute the sound completely ? Use to work great. Especially with UTube where volumes from video to video are all over the place. How do we fix volume mode ? I have a westinghouse 58" ... Thank you