Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avinson123

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Jump to solution

I don’t have a “leveling” option on my audio settings, where did you see this or how did you fix it? I’m having the same problem.

0 Kudos
TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Press the * button on the Roku remote while watching something on the TV. Navigate to “volume mode” and choose the “off” option rather than “leveling” or “night mode”. 

0 Kudos
TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Sound issues still occur with leveling turned on even with the latest software installed. I didn’t experience the full-on garbled sound, but I did hear the annoying snapping sound each time I started watching a TiVo recording.

Does anyone from TCL or Roku monitor this forum?

0 Kudos
Explorer40
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On the Roku remote press the * (asterisk) button. On the left side of the screen you will see an Options screen. Scroll down to the "Volume Mode". The "Volume Mode" will have several selections. Use the < or > buttons to go to the "Off" mode. After selecting "Off" move the Up or Down pointer buttons to move off the "Volume Mode" and confirm that the "Volume Mode" is still selecting the "Off" option.

0 Kudos
KimberleyP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku TV (I think I it’s the 4 series) and it has started doing the same thing as of today. I bought it brand new only 2.5 years ago. So annoying!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The problem is with the sound leveling feature. I had to turn mine off for the sound to be clear again. The disadvantage is that the sound quality is horrible across all my apps now. The music is loud but voice is so low I'm considering getting speakers. 

KimberleyP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes! I turned it off and the muffling has went away but I agree with the sound being up and down. 

0 Kudos
TheFoodGuy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Maybe TCL is more interested in selling their sound bars than in fixing the sound leveling feature on their TVs. 🤔

0 Kudos
SGWade56
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There is no sound levelling option on my model, and I still get this distortion

0 Kudos
CoeyB

Jump to solution

I tried the suggestion listed above and it took the sound away. I had to unplug my tv from the wall for a few minutes and plugged it back in. I have had the tv two weeks and just mounted it to the wall. I’m so disappointed I already had a different issue and had to unplug it to fix it too. 

0 Kudos