Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sound Distorted TCL TV

Where do I find Volume Mode? Is there another name for it? I have Sound Mode and a volume setting but it only has options for low, medium and high. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

On my TCL Roku TV, Volume Mode shows up on the menu just below Sound Mode. I just press the “asterisk” button and scroll down to “Volume Mode”. Perhaps this option is not available on all models or is called something else. 

Volume mode offers 3 options: Leveling, Night, or Off. Off seems to be the only safe option. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I just noticed the same distortion today on my TCL Roku TV, all channels, apps. I tried messing w the audio setting options, to no avail. But I did unplug for about 30 sec, and it returned to normal. Guess I'll have to keep monitoring to see if the problem perdists.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It worked, thanks!  Turning off leveling made the distortion disappear.  Sanity restored

Level 7

I know it’s frustrating I’m dealing with it too. I have figured out how to get it back to normal for a little while maybe a few days or weeks. You have to do a reboot using your remote you have to hit the buttons in this exact order and your tv will freeze for a few seconds then reboot. It’s Home Button 5x, Up button 1x, rewind 2x, fast forward 2x. It works for me for a little while but there needs to be a permanent fix. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@TheFoodGuy wrote:

I found what seems to be a fix for the distorted sound problem. I read somewhere that turning off the volume mode might help. I had mine set to “leveling”, but after I turned it off, I haven’t had any problems with distorted sound. 

I hope it works for you also. 

I was having the same issue with a tv that was less than 6 months old. I paused the Netflix program I was watching, turned the leveling off, and voila!...problem solved immediately! Thanks, @TheFoodGuy for the advice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This worked for me.  I don't what happened but itis no joke because I have no one to take this TV when it goes **bleep** up.  It is the 75" and is too heavy to move.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ok I found the fix! Your post help me to figure out the issue. Pause the stream. Go to “Vilume Mode”. Change it to “off” status. Then resume streaming. Problem solved. #garbbledROKUsoundfix.  #distortedROKUsound 

Highlighted

Press the * button on your ROKU remote it should

@TinaLC wrote:

Where do I find Volume Mode? Is there another name for it? I have Sound Mode and a volume setting but it only has options for low, medium and high. 

take you to the screen to change it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This worked!  Thanks so much it’s been driving me crazy. Stay safe

0 Kudos