cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dude03
Level 7

Sound Bar replace Roku 3?

Jump to solution

Just got the new soundbar. Haven't set up yet. Will it REPLACE my current Roku 3?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sound Bar replace Roku 3?

Jump to solution

@Dude03 wrote:

If this were you and you loved the bar, would you simply toss out the roku 3?

Probably not toss, just re-purpose. For example, I received a new Ultra, and I put it where I had been using my Premiere. The Premiere is now in my suitcase for traveling, and my Grandson is now using the Stick that used to be in the suitcase. 

Your Roku 3 is still supported, and so far is still capable of using the latest channels, such as Disney+. Unless you have zero use for it anywhere else in your home, I'd hang on to it. But if you have no use, do a factory reset (to remove all your personal info) and give it to someone that could still use it. It's really not worth the effort to try to sell it, as it would likely only get you $10 or so. Smiley Very Happy

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3\
atc98092

Jump to solution

Yes, the Roku Smart Soundbar contains a Roku player within it. Since it support 4K/HDR, that makes it at minimum equal to the Premiere. There's no Ethernet jack, so WiFi only. But it would be a significant improvement over the Roku 3 in performance. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Dude03
Level 7

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Dude03 wrote:

Probably not toss, just re-purpose. For example, I received a new Ultra, and I put it where I had been using my Premiere. The Premiere is now in my suitcase for traveling, and my Grandson is now using the Stick that used to be in the suitcase. 

Your Roku 3 is still supported, and so far is still capable of using the latest channels, such as Disney+. Unless you have zero use for it anywhere else in your home, I'd hang on to it. But if you have no use, do a factory reset (to remove all your personal info) and give it to someone that could still use it. It's really not worth the effort to try to sell it, as it would likely only get you $10 or so. Smiley Very Happy

Dan

View solution in original post