Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morgan126
Channel Surfer

Re: What should I get?

I tried that and it still persisted. I’m thinking it’s because someone has an IR remote and and using that, either that or it’s a TV system issue. 

0 Kudos
Jbolden77

Re: Someone's controlling my TV!!

Yes I am! Menu on side pulls up and it goes to power off

0 Kudos
Mayf

That’s happening to me. The sidebar of tv inputs keeps popping up and its not me doing it.  Whoever is is scrolls down the inputs to turn off the tv or change the input. 
how do i make this stop. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Mayf

Thanks for the post.

Try removing then reinserting the batteries of your remote to see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing.

If still no luck and the problem occurs on a Roku TV, contact the TV manufacturer's customer support to report the issue and get help. Remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

My boyfriend has had a Roku TCL television and we’ve just moved into an apartment. That television is in our living room and we thought our neighbor might be controlling our tv but she has shown us with her mobile app and remote that she didn’t touch any button and the television still controlled its self. We did the settings instructions that are posted here and the problem was still not fixed. What do I need to do? 

0 Kudos
morgan126
Channel Surfer

I sent it back to TCL for a repair since it was brand new

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @GraceKlauder

Thanks for the post.

Have you already try to trouble shoot your Roku remote? Have you try to remove the batteries and put it back in?

If still no luck and the problem occurs on a Roku TV, contact the TV manufacturer's customer support to report the issue and get help. Remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
Nadiarenaee3
Reel Rookie

I am in college, so I live in a dorm. All of the students are connected to the same network and someone still controls my tv. I have tried everything but it still does not work. What should I do? I am at the point where I am going to get rid of the Roku tv.