Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlewis49
Binge Watcher

Re: Some Roku Live Streaming Channels disappear

I've been having similar issues. Many of the apps I select have disappeared. Even apps that I pay for like YouTube TV, VUDU, and Amazon Prime. Also, Roku keeps adding apps I don't want. I can re-add the apps they delete, but I have to spend a great deal of time logging back into each app. what's really frustrating is that it is impossible to contact Roku's alleged support staff about the issue.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@mlewis49  Disappeared? I don’t think so. I have YouTube TV, Prime and Vudo right on my Roku Home Screen. Channels (apps) don’t just automatically get added to your Home Screen. Your entire statement is false

0 Kudos
mlewis49
Binge Watcher

I meant that they disappeared off my selected menu. I could go into the app store and reload them, but I had to log into each app again. I have to spend from 20 minutes to a hour loading the apps I want and logging back and deleting apps I don't want. My computer is in a different section of the house so this is a major pain in the ass.

0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

I've just seen this for the first time on my TCL Roku TV; but in my case, ALL of the streaming channels are missing.  They can't be found anywhere in the channel menu.  The system is up-to-date (it's still OS 10), the channels are up-to-date, but streaming is just plain not there anywhere.  I did also check to make sure the settings do NOT say "hide streaming channels".

It appears a lot of people have this problem, but nobody has posted an answer.  Has there been any response from Roku (expecting the answer, "Roku does not respond to customers").

0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

It has occurred to me that I may be confused, or others may be confused, about what problem is being seen.

I have a Roku-based TV made by TCL.  I also have an antenna hooked up, so I see actual off-the-air TV channels.  The "Live TV" input shows these channels, and it ALSO used to show Roku's line up of "Live TV" streaming channels.  These were all in one place, which is rather convenient.  I had it set up to show the real, live, Off-the-Air TV channels AND my favorites from the Roku "Live TV" channel set.

In my case, the Roku Streaming channels disappeared from the real Live TV channel list suddenly, without warning or explanation.

They are still under the 'other' Roku main menu selection, so this is not exactly a disaster or anything.  In a way, it could even make sense.

However, I always think it's a significant problem when user functionality, and especially the user interface, changes suddenly with no warning and no explanation.

0 Kudos
Pudy23
Channel Surfer

My Roku Channel Guide dissapeared on my TCL TV. It was there yesterday. Also Roku updated last night. Could the update wiped out the channel guide.  It's been extremely frustrating.  I can't seem to get an answer.  I scanned for channels and 48 channels were found  on JD antenna,(normal). How do I get the Channel guide back. 

0 Kudos
dkap47
Reel Rookie

All but 3 of my live TV channels just disappeared.  Have tried unplugging TV but they did not return.  I tried scanning for channels again -- I should get 300+ but still only the 3 appear.  

0 Kudos
mlewis49
Binge Watcher

The root problem in all this is that Roku has a chat room instead of a customer support staff. I broke down and bought an Apple TV 4K. It's more expensive, but it works, and I can get their support team on the phone.

Can no longer get antenna channels - no channel available

My system was updated this morning and I can no longer get my antenna Channels. I get "no channel available" and a black screen. It is not a select few and it still has not been fixed since the post in April about this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Can no longer get antenna channels - no channel available

Hi @Jwinglover2000,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If you are still experiencing an issue with the Roku device having an error message of "No channel available" and a black screen, can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos