Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derkewing
Channel Surfer

Some Roku Live Streaming Channels disappear

Lately on the Roku Live TV streaming channel guide some of the channels I use like Newsy and Reelz are missing. I am navigating from a Roku TV that has live antenna channels on it. To try a workaround, I went into the Roku Channel directly and searched for the channels. I found them but when I click one like Newsy, it takes me to the Live TV Guide, and the channel is not there, nor is it playing. I factory reset my tv and they still aren't there. After the reset, the channels were all briefly back, as well as the lineup of new channels incorporated into the channel guide as opposed to all being at the end, however, the second I went into my antenna guide, Reelz and Newsy were gone again. I have checked my favorites, I've went into manage channels to see if I accidentally hid them but alas, they still are not there.

Anyone else have this issue? Some new channels like The Red Green Channel fail to show up as well.

ONN 50' 4k Roku TV 7822X

Serial: YN00SM151554

Model: 100012585

Serial Number YN00SM151554

30 REPLIES 30
Wally17
Reel Rookie

Re: Some Roku Live Streaming Channels disappear

Sorry you are having trouble.  FYI, I don't have this problem with either of my TCL Roku TVs.

0 Kudos
Pbeatty

Also having this issue - can’t find the project runway channel, tried resetting but nothing has worked

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Pbeatty

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? I was unable to find that channel in the Online Roku Channel Store. How did you previously add that channel to your Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I've also experienced this, with MTV. It's been there up until a couple days ago, when it just vanished, and a movie channel is now in its place. I have a TCL Roku TV, and it was on whatever Channel came before 281 (I think it may have been 280), which now is 275 and says "Roku Movies & TV" and it's full, at least today, with a show called "Cardinal", but I know that's not what was showing the last two days. So I don't know if more channels are moving around, or coming and going, as the numbers of the channels are not showing up consecutively, but with various gaps in the numbers. 

I see that MTV is still shown as a Roku channel, however, when looking at it within the icons of Roku channels, it says you need a cable station or other provider, which it never required before, although I think the one I was viewing was not the same as their live cable channel... just something else to make this experience so confusing. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@StevenCee  What you watching on the Roku channel maybe free and some lead to paid apps. Some are extensions of free apps such as PlutoTV. Things change. The MTV you were watching for free on the Roku channel is not the same as the MTV you get with a TV provider. Myself I never watch or use the Roku channel. I have YouTube TV for my live TV. Then I also use Hulu, HBO Max, Netflix, Paramount+, Disney+ and Prime.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I get that, and even mentioned that the MTV I was watching is likely not the same MTV broadcasting, and needing a cable provider to watch. But that still doesn't explain why it would be there for many months, then suddenly vanish. Unless, like Costco, what was there before won't be there today or any more, and there's no notification...  I've just never had channels vanish, without word that it will no longer be offered, etc.  But with Roku, I guess nothing should surprise me. 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@StevenCee  The channel line ups you see on the Roku channel do change. Was it MTV per PlutoTV? If so can download the PlutoTV channel and watch it. I love PlutoTV. Also remember this is FREE. If it’s free then why complain.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Well, good to know, as I've never read or been told the channels line-up change constantly. And I do have Pluto, but since the channel disappeared suddenly, I don't recall what platform it was on, so I'll check it. But I did do a search, and it didn't turn up on Pluto, only the channel requiring cable...

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

I just looked at my Roku channel live tv. MYV by PlutoTV is channel 633. You can sort channels by going over to the left and press the * button