Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cwawro
Level 8

Re: Software update - Roku Smart Soundbar & Wireless Surround Speakers

Jump to solution

Could I ask how the experience has been so far for you? I am strongly considering getting the soundbar so I can do the surround sound!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
akakar4858
Level 8

Jump to solution

I would highly recommend getting all 3 items to use together instead of individually. And look for Bundles like at Best Buy, do not make the mistake I did of buying all 3 items individually. As for the experience, the sound quality with just the Soundbar In my opinion (IMO) is 7/10, but remember you’re also getting a 4K Roku streaming device, which IMO is the best streaming platform. When adding just the subwoofer to the Soundbar it’s an 8/10. However, when adding the TV Wireless speakers it’s a 9.5/10. Truly blown away with how amazing it sounds with all 3 products, great bass and treble plus a built in speech clarity function which is amazing. And at a reasonable price you’re not only getting surround sound but 4K streaming. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mcgooze
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just paired my wireless speakers with my soundbar. All went fine. But... Is the Roku really sending out 5.1 surround? I never heard anything that was obviously more than just stereo (the speakers are working, I'm just not sure they're discreet yet). Perhaps the update is only adding the pairing ability to the soundbar, but the surround update is still to come... or perhaps my ears are just not hearing things right. Thoughts?

Also- is there any way to fine tune the volume between the speakers, beyond the simple more/less bass & more/less dialog clarity options? Would love to crank the surround speakers up a little.

greg

Highlighted
cwawro
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've experienced the exact same thing. After hearing this came out, I quickly got the soundbar to pair with my subwoofer and wireless Speakers. I can confirm mine is not true surround sound, I did multiple tests through YouTube and nothing would come out of the backc during the 5.1 surround sound tests. It seems like some noise is coming through quietly in the back speakers when it's stereo, but it's pretty faint as of right now

Highlighted
AnkMe
Level 8

Jump to solution

Reviews sound disappointing. I was going to buy the sound bar and sub to add to my wireless speakers. Now I’m only thinking of only adding the sub to my existing wireless speakers. I don’t need roku player that comes with the bar built in. I already have a new roku tv. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cwawro
Level 8

Jump to solution

They also haven't officially announced that the update was released, so it makes me wonder if true surround sound will be released with the official announcement. Either way, I would hold off until more info has come! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
mcgooze
Level 8

Jump to solution

@cwawro wrote:

They also haven't officially announced that the update was released, so it makes me wonder if true surround sound will be released with the official announcement. Either way, I would hold off until more info has come! Smiley Happy

Agreed. We've stumbled on an update that hasn't promised anything. I'm sure the Roku folks will be screaming from the mountain tops when the surround update is available and ready. After all, they have product to sell!

Highlighted
akakar4858
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just wondering in options are you guys changing the setting to Movies & Music? I did notice a big difference between this setting vs Stereo. Also, this setup will never be truly 5.1 as the Soundbar is 2.0 L-R only unless and hopefully this happens Roku releases a 3.0 Soundbar (L, R, C) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Devin1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ya I’ve been keeping my settings on music think it sounds pretty good firing from all the speakers 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DBL7S
Level 8

Jump to solution

Honestly.... I am not impressed. I like the sound of the wireless speakers better without the soundbar. The soundbar drowns out the wireless speakers.

0 Kudos