Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
econgump

Software update 10.5 and TCL 65R635

Since Roku update to 10.5.0 4201 last night 11/18, no channels will load completely or will load content, YTV, Netflix, Bloomberg... My TCL 65R635 is useless and so are my subscriptions.  What is the fix?  

I have removed and reloaded apps.  I've checked for software update.

I have a Verizon LTE router, speed and signal strength are great.  This is not a network issue, it is a software issue caused by Roku.  If this continues, there will be complaints to the FCC and equivalent state agencies.  Please address this problem ASAP.

9 REPLIES 9
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Software update 10.5 and TCL 65R635

I am on the same version 10.5.0 build 4201 and all of my channels are working correctly. This is on my Sharp Roku TV. I will check my Westinghouse TV to see if I have any issues. 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

My Westinghouse is on version 10.5.0 build 4201 too and like my Sharp all of the channels are working correctly and no issues at all from the update. I also own another Westinghouse that is not at this location, I can only assume that the TV at another is working correctly too. 

0 Kudos
KDC1972
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku Ultra Model 4670X

Netflix works, YouTube works, HBO Max, Disney+ and Amazon Prime do not.

HBOMax loads slowly, then when I select a show it acts like it is about to load and then boots me back to the show selection screen, Disney+ tries to load but never does and it finally says check internet connection, Amazon Prime gives me a message first in German, then Japanese (I assume) and finally in English asking me to check my internet connection.  Obviously the internet connection isn't an issue since Netflix and YouTube work.

I restarted the Roku, I deleted the HBOMax app, neither helped, I unplugged the Roku and restarted that way--no help there either.  Everything worked fine last night, I see there was an update as of this morning and it's now a mess.

My Network signal strength is "Excellent" my Internet Download speed is "Good"

0 Kudos
Bunzy

My YouTube app would not load on my Roku TV.  I removed the app and then unplugged it for a minute or two and now it loads! 

0 Kudos
lspears

Same issue but different TCL. Our issue seems to be specifically with Spotify though Prime took lots of time to load. Missing our music so hope there's a fix soon!

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

You might want to contact Spotify about your issue with Spotify.  

0 Kudos
KenSoren
Roku Guru

Try doing a manual software update and see what happens. I just did that on our TCL Roku TV and it found 24 channels to update and this if after saying it had just done it's automatic update. 

Did you try a power plug reboot? My set had a problem a couple of years ago and the reboot corrected it.

Might be worth a try - good luck.

Ken S
Roku Ultra, Roku 3, Roku 2 and Roku 1
Samsung 65 inch SUHD KS8000 using Samsung smart hub for all connections.
0 Kudos
COJP
Reel Rookie

TCL 55C803 on 10.5 had one signal bar. Manually checking for update allowed me to roll back to 10.0.0 yesterday and subsequent channel rollback occurred. We were having to reboot our TCL 55C803 when Netflix would go crazy, but not clearly due to 10.5.

Back to solid bars for strong OTA signals. Under 10.5 we saw 1 bar or no bars when antenna unplugged. 

0 Kudos
Djab203
Reel Rookie

My TCL 65 had the same issues after the update to 10.5 ... Today I did a manual update which downgraded it to 10.0.0 and now all my issues are gone. I spent a few days on the phone with TCL support assuring them it is not my tv and they were building a case for Roku but today I let them know Roku has already addressed this problem with a downgrade.

0 Kudos