Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robaye

Snap Noise When Changing Channel on TCL Roku TV R625

Jump to solution

After rebooting devices, I have may Yamaha rxv 475 working on dolby digital plus.  TCL 55 625

BUT, I hear an annoying Snap every time I change a channel OTA or anything else, including YouTube TV.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ric310
Channel Surfer

Re: Snap Noise When Changing Channel on TCL Roku TV 40S325

Jump to solution

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!

•GO TO SETTINGS
•VOLUME MODE
•TURN OFF SOUND LEVELING

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Snap Noise When Changing Channel on TCL Roku TV R625

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out to let us know what you're experiencing. A few additional questions here to try and better understand the issue and troubleshooting steps you've attempted: 

- Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable being used to connect the TV to your receiver, or connecting the TV to a different HDMI port on the receiver? 

- Does this only occur when switching from one playback source to another? Do you hear this noise during playback, or when taking any other action on the TV? 

- Does this issue occur if you use the TV's internal speakers? 

- Have you tried resetting the TVs audio/picture settings in Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset> Reset TV audio/picture settings? 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
ryeguy_24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Have you solved this yet?  I have the exact same problem.  

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ryeguy_24 

Thanks for reaching out to let us know what you're experiencing. A few additional questions here to try and better understand the issue and troubleshooting steps you've attempted: 

- Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable being used to connect the TV to your receiver, or connecting the TV to a different HDMI port on the receiver? 

- Does this only occur when switching from one playback source to another? Do you hear this noise during playback, or when taking any other action on the TV? 

- Does this issue occur if you use the TV's internal speakers? 

- Have you tried resetting the TVs audio/picture settings in Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset> Reset TV audio/picture settings? 

0 Kudos
ryeguy_24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

1. I’ve tried a new cable. 
2. I hear the scratch/snap sound at the start of every video clip. For example, everytime Netflix plays a trailer (while scrolling through the list of movies) I hear it at the beginning. Once the audio or video clip begins, it sounds fine. 
3. Does not occur with internal speakers. 
4. I just tried to reset the audio and video settings and that did not fix the issue. 

0 Kudos
Ec

Jump to solution

I just bought a new TCL roku tv 4k series  & I am experiencing same clicking almost electrical type of noise when changing channels, rewinding or fast forwarding with my fios tv remote. Don't see any clear answers on this forum. 2/9/2020

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note. Have you contacted your Roku TV manufacturer yet to report the issue and request any additional support they may be able to offer? 

I would recommend starting there. You can locate their direct support contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Please keep us posted if there are any additional questions we can help answer from there.  

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
ric310
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same snapping issue here.

Set was working fine, then out of nowhere, only when changing cable stations it "Zaps" before station shows, and only for a split second.

But it sounds like a short.

Changed HDMI cable and port, changed cable source, even changed surge protector.

checked polarity too

ZAP when changing cable stations, not WIFI. 

0 Kudos
ric310
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!

•GO TO SETTINGS
•VOLUME MODE
•TURN OFF SOUND LEVELING

truncj
Reel Rookie