Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bdouglas7989
Level 7

Smart view to tcl roku tv unplug device

I recently bought a tcl roku tv and I have been trying to use smart view to screen mirror but smart view keeps telling me to unplug the device I'm trying to connect to (the tv) and plug it back in. I've done this a hundred times and it still won't connect. I can use the apps that you can cast downloaded media to the phone but I want to actually mirror the screen. Can anybody help?? Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Lowtechredneck
Level 7

Re: Smart view to tcl roku tv unplug device

I am having the exact same problem,  even though my phone will mirror to my bedroom roku TV just fine. It's extremely frustrating. Someone please help us out!!

0 Kudos
Bdouglas7989
Level 7

Re: Smart view to tcl roku tv unplug device

Update: I ended up just returning the TV and buying a samsung smart TV because it's super easy to mirror from my samsung phone to the TV. Now I can mirror from my phone AND I use next to no wifi to do it. I can still get roku on it if I really want but we didn't use the roku app itself much we used other apps like Netflix and disney plus.

0 Kudos