Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soozeee
Reel Rookie

Smart soundbar will not load Any channel.

Jump to solution

So I just purchased a new #Roku Smart Soundbar approximately 2-3 days ago, before that I had a #Roku 3 (4230 series) which worked perfectly. After setting up my soundbar I linked it to my account and when that was done tried to open the YouTube app and it suddenly just closed and went back to the home screen. After several times of trying to open it and it continuously closing after only being opened 5-10 seconds, I tried another channel and another channel and so on.. It wouldn't even let me open the secret menus for too long before knocking me back to the home screen, so I ended up uninstalling YouTube then restarting the soundbar and reinstalling it (you know, all the steps they tell you to do). So after that didn't work I just factory reset it and I got the idea to enter remote codes to open a secret menu before I actually linked my account, and long behold it worked and didn't knock me off so then I linked my account and it still wasn't loading my channels. Then I signed into guest mode and this actually worked and didn't close my apps, sadly this only worked for a day or two before it started acting up again. I don't want to send it back but I don't know what to do at this point.

[post moved to appropriate board]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Soozeee
Reel Rookie

Re: Smart soundbar will not load Any channel.

Jump to solution

@Jraderma 

All I needed was to buy a high speed HDMI cord, when I bought that it stopped exiting out the channels by itself. But If that doesn't help you then maybe it could be you need to change the display type option in the system settings, I have mine set to "auto detect". Also while you're there, you can go to to the system settings, Advanced system settings, Advanced display settings and make sure that auto-adjust display refresh rate is toggled OFF... I know also at one point clearing the cache helped every once in a while before I bought the new HDMI cord..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@thanks for the note here. Sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! A few more questions here: 

- Is your Roku account located in the US?

- When you performed a factory reset, did you use the option from the Settings menu, or did you try resetting using the physical reset button on the soundbar? 

- What specific make and model of TV is your soundbar connected to? 

- Have you tried creating a new Roku account and linking your device to it to test? 

Thanks,

Tanner

amoriel

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue. 

After the first factory reset the unit did work properly for a day but the next day it started crashing the apps again...

Subsequent factory resets did not fix the issue. I also tried using a different Roku account to see if that helped. ALSO, did not work.

Not sure what to do. Located in SoCal 

Jraderma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, on a Roku Smart Soundbar Model 9100X - on. 

I’ve tried the factory reset and still had the same problems. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jraderma,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for providing the steps you did to try to resolve the issue you are experiencing.

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Jraderma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

1. I'm using an LG 32" HD TV with the Roku Smart Soundbar described in the post.

2. The issue is occurring with all channels and AirPlay functions.

3. No error codes come up, it simply resets to the home menu every time.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jraderma

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jraderma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I try to start a channel on Roku (Disney+ for example), it will start to load the channel then very quickly go back to the main menu on the Roku. It will do this for every channel, and I've tried to connect to Apple AirPlay and that doesn't work either.

I have tried a system reset, and the problem still occurs.

Soozeee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Jraderma 

All I needed was to buy a high speed HDMI cord, when I bought that it stopped exiting out the channels by itself. But If that doesn't help you then maybe it could be you need to change the display type option in the system settings, I have mine set to "auto detect". Also while you're there, you can go to to the system settings, Advanced system settings, Advanced display settings and make sure that auto-adjust display refresh rate is toggled OFF... I know also at one point clearing the cache helped every once in a while before I bought the new HDMI cord..

0 Kudos