Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DjwOhio
Channel Surfer

Smart TV Guide performance with OTA (ASTC) channels.

Multiple TCL TV's running Version 9.4.0 Build 4200-30

Coming from the perspective of someone who travels a lot and primarily is concerned with OTA content.

In the December Update several things have changed with the ASTC portion of the guide.

- The streaming channels appeared. I had to disable them.

- The ability to scroll back in time to see if I missed a show disappeared. Now it stops at the channel and provides an option to switch channel lists.

- Scrolling performance has degraded markedly.

The Scroll delay appears to be related to the changes made to the 'streaming' component of the Smart TV Guide for which I had to (Re) disable on all TV's after the last Update. This  scroll delay is quite annoying,  I suspect the delay is related to additional network activity required to provide 'additional options' for the content.

My two cents;

For those of us who have these TV's primarily for the ASTC tuners, network connectivity is probably minimal.  For me I often use my Phone's Hotspot to get the local guide. Since the  'additional options' for viewing content is of no value,  save the bandwidth and improve the scrolling performance.

Tags (1)