Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dixiedld
Level 7

Smart Soundbar works on Vizio TV but Wireless speakers won’t?

I have a Vizio Model VL470M. I purchased a smart soundbar and wireless speakers, understanding that the wireless speakers would on work with Roku TV. But I thought it said that the wireless speakers would work with the smart soundbar with TV’s other than Roku. Set up the soundbar and everything worked great. When I hooked up the wireless speakers and went through the recommended process, everything looked and sounded great when the cinema presentation verified the correct set up. When I go to watching regular TV the wireless speakers yield no sound. When I go to the home page and select the ‘cinema app’ the wireless speakers work great with the soundbar. Regular TV... nothing! My Vizio TV does not support CEC or ARC, does this mean the wireless speakers are not going to work with the soundbar on my Vizio TV? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Smart Soundbar works on Vizio TV but Wireless speakers won’t?

The reason in the settings of the Roku Smart Soundbar you can't choose a tv brand, is it uses the hdmi-CEC to control the tv volume and power, without it hdmi-CEC it won't work. It works better when the tv has ARC input, but if it doesn't have it you then use a regular hdmi input to send video and audio from the Soundbar to the TV. To send Audio from the tv to the Soundbar you need an optical output on the tv. So its either hdmi-ARC or hdmi & optical. Never use both ARC and optical. 

Before the Roku wireless speakers could only be used with a Roku tv . Since there's been an update which allows you to use the Roku Soundbar instead, and then use a non-Roku tv. But it has to have hdmi-CEC. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dixiedld
Level 7

I have an update on my situation... when you get approximately 1 inch from the wireless speakers you can hear the sound. The problem is, if you turn the volume up high enough to hear the wireless speakers the smart soundbar would be heard three houses down.... something is not balanced! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
dixiedld
Level 7

Thank you Edmund for the help....

please read my latest reply... I can hear the sound out of the wireless speakers, I just have to have my ear approximately 1 inch from the wireless speakers. If I turn the volume up, the soundbar would  be waaaay too loud.

i understood that the wireless speakers would not work “stand alone” with a TV other than Roku, but it was my understanding that the smart soundbar would control the wireless speaker using any TV, was I not correct?

I have checked the settings on my Vizio and there is no ARC or HDMI CDC setting so do I have to have a Roku TV in order for my NEW audio system to work?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Do you have optical cable between the tv and the soundbar along with the hdmi? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos