Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haleymcclaine
Level 7

Soundbar Won’t Open Streaming Platform

I have had my Roku soundbar for over 6 months now and never had any issues with it. I have a vizio smart TV but I only use the streaming apps from Roku. My boyfriend and I wanted to watch something that only he could stream from his iPhone, and as soon as he clicked on the show the tv freaked out, the volume started going all the way up without me touching the remote, and even if I pressed the down volume button, it would fight against me and keep going up. I turned it off, let it sit for 10 seconds. Turned on and it brings up a super magnified picture of the vizio home page but never brings up Roku. I left it alone for a couple days and now I have swapped out the HDMI cord, hit the factory reset button for 10 secs, turned the tv off, and the soundbar is just steady blinking orange. The tv screen was black and won’t do anything now. And advice on how to correct this? #soundbar #viziosmarttv #airplay 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Soundbar Won’t Open Streaming Platform

@Haleymcclaine

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gmayfield12
Level 7

I am having the same issue

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @Gmayfield12

Thanks for posting here in the Community! 

Could you tell us specifically the issue you are running into? We'll be able to assist you once we have further details of your concern. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
Gmayfield12
Level 7

A couple days ago my remote unlinked from my roku streambar. It seemed to work fine using the app on my phone, but after doing a hard reset as suggested by others, I am now stuck at the select language screen, as it asks me to link the voice remote. I even tried using a different voice remote, neither worked. I’ve only had the streambar a couple months at this point, and it is now rendered useless in its current state. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Gmayfield12

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I set up my Roku® voice remote?

How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gmayfield12
Level 7

Hello Danny.

I reviewed both of those guides previously and none of the tips seemed to help. I suspect it has something to do with the streambar itself having an issue pairing, as I’m positive that both remotes are not broken.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Gmayfield12

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device ? I'll be able to pass along the information to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Gmayfield12
Level 7

Serial Number: 2A10AH65779

FCC ID: TC2-R1038

IC ID: 5959A-R1035

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Gmayfield12

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos