Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cube_o
Level 7

Small green dot on right side of screen with criss-crossing lines

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I did a quick search online and couldn't find anything similar that could help me. As you can see in the images, my tv suddenly has this green dot (more like a small line) on the screen with a horizontal and a vertical black line criss-crossing at the point. It appears on every screen, no matter what app, input, or feature I'm using.

I don't know if this is related or not, but on the day we noticed this we had also just installed a new indoor HDTV antenna and I just can't help but think it may have caused this green dot to appear. The antenna has a range amplifier which is powered, either, through a regular wall outlet or USB connection to the TV. powering it through the TV seemed interesting to me so I used that option first. Is it possible that using the USB port to power the antenna sucked too much power out of the TV or caused some sort of irregularity to caused the green dot? lol. The antenna is the "U must have" amplified HD tv antenna.

Some things i've tried are: disconnecting the TV power cable and waiting 1 minute before reconnecting, disconnecting the previously mentioned antenna and restarting, checking for system software updates, and even doing a factory reset of the TV. Nothing worked.

Roku TV: 7203X

Sharp model: LC-55LBU591U

Software Version: 9.4.0 build 4190-38

Thanks in advance for any input.

IMG_0270.jpegIMG_0272.jpegIMG_0271.jpeg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Small green dot on right side of screen with criss-crossing lines

Jump to solution

@cube_o 

Thanks for the inquiry.

This would appear to be a hardware issue with your TV.

Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@cube_o 

Thanks for the inquiry.

This would appear to be a hardware issue with your TV.

Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
cube_o
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Yes. I did today and got some answers. 

Thank you for the response. 

0 Kudos
Scronching91
Level 7

Jump to solution

Can you please expound on what answers you got? Same exact problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos
cube_o
Level 7

Jump to solution

Oh yea sorry. They transferred me to a expert/technician fellow. He seemed to recognize the problem I was describing pretty quickly and basically said the problem was the panel and that it would need to be replaced. And that it was expensive and it’s probably better to buy a new tv. My warranty had expired. 

we decided to live with problem until we get fed up or gets worse. So far it hasn’t really gotten worse. 

0 Kudos