Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sleep timer on tv doesn’t turn off speaker

Jump to solution

Hi @MKM89 

Thanks for the follow up regarding how your Roku Streambar is connected to your Samsung TV.

Can you please specify which port the Roku Streambar is plugged into the TV? Is it connected to the HDMI (ARC) port?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to pass the information along to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MKM89
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The Roku Streambar is connected to my Samsung TV via HDMI cable into the HDMI port that reads: HDMI IN2 (ARC).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MKM89 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Streambar and sleep timer.

For clarification, when this issue occurs, are they watching content through the Roku Streambar or are you viewing content on another input when they were using the sleep timer?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to continue investigating the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MKM89
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I don't understand your question..  I set the sleep timer on the TV I'm watching and the program's audio streams through the Roku Streambar.  After the sleep timer turns the TV off, the audio from the program that I was watching continues to stream through the Roku Streambar.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MKM89 

Thanks for posting regarding our inquiry.

The appropriate Roku team is trying to understand the behavior and steps to reproduce the issue. For clarification, when you are using the sleep timer on the TV, are you:

1) playing content through the Roku Streambar - such as viewing Netflix or another channel on the Roku device

or 2) are you watching something directly through the TV, such as OTA or using another input such as playing a movie on a DVD player - and simply using the Roku Streambar for enhanced audio?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to look into further. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MKM89
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks you for clarifying - I am watching content from application(s) through the Roku Streambar.  I have no live TV (cable/satellite) service so everything I watch is through Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @MKM89 

Thanks for following up and providing clarification regarding the issue you are seeing.

I have passed along your concerns and updates to the appropriate Roku team to continue investigating. Once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we continue to investigate the issue regarding the Roku Streambar/Soundbar not turning off with the sleep timer on the TV.

In the meantime, can you please answer the following questions so we can better understand the issue:

• Is the Samsung TV sending a CEC message to turn off?
    • Is the Roku sound bar handling that message correctly?
  • Is CEC Standby enabled in the CEC settings of the Roku Streambar/Soundbar?
  • When you normally power down the Samsung TV, while the Roku sound bar is playing, does the sound bar/audio turn off as expected?

Please keep us posted with the above inquiries and we will be sure to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team who is looking into this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MKM89
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The Samsung TV displays a warning 1 minute prior to shutting off the TV when the sleep timer is set, asking the user if you still want the TV to turn off or if you'd like to cancel the sleep timer.  The warning counts down from 1 minute unless the user cancels the sleep timer.  I see no way to disable this notification on the Samsung TV. I have the Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) enabled on the Samsung TV.  

I don't see an option to enable the CEC Standby in the Roku Streambar/Soundbar.  However, 1-touch play is enabled on my Roku Streambar.

The sound does stop playing through the Roku Streambar when I power off the TV using the Roku remote.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MKM89 

Thanks for the follow up regarding our previous inquiry.

I have passed along your responses to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. If more information is requested or needed, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos