Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alm695
Reel Rookie

Sleep Timer after the Roku OS 10.5 update,

Jump to solution

Before the Roku OS 10.5 update this week, I have used the sleep timer option on my Roku remote with ease every single night. After the update the TV does not turn off after I select 30 minutes. Does anyone know how to set the timer up? I have tried hitting OK after making my selection and that didn't work. I have also tried "close" because I'm still watching TV and there is a huge black banner at the bottom of the screen making it impossible to view the TV program in full screen. I am out of options. Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenSoren
Roku Guru

Re: Sleep Timer after the Roku OS 10.5 update,

Jump to solution

The sleep timer is different with the update. We use this every night and when first "updated" the tv woke me up at like 2am. To set it you need to select the sleep timer, click right then go down to 30 minutes then hit enter. It will tell you how much time is left before it turns itself off. I liked the old version much better. 

If you are interested do a manual system update. I just did our TCL Roku and it found 24 channels to update. This is when it said it had been  updated this morning. You can find this in settings/system/update.

Ken S
Roku Ultra, Roku 3, Roku 2 and Roku 1
Samsung 65 inch SUHD KS8000 using Samsung smart hub for all connections.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KenSoren
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The sleep timer is different with the update. We use this every night and when first "updated" the tv woke me up at like 2am. To set it you need to select the sleep timer, click right then go down to 30 minutes then hit enter. It will tell you how much time is left before it turns itself off. I liked the old version much better. 

If you are interested do a manual system update. I just did our TCL Roku and it found 24 channels to update. This is when it said it had been  updated this morning. You can find this in settings/system/update.

Ken S
Roku Ultra, Roku 3, Roku 2 and Roku 1
Samsung 65 inch SUHD KS8000 using Samsung smart hub for all connections.
alm695
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you Ken! Woman Happy