Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThorGod59
Streaming Star

[OS 10.5] Roku TV signal strength on OTA antenna

Jump to solution

After updating to the new 10.5 OS my signal strength for over-the-air antenna is only showing one bar out of five. Before the update for most of my channels that I receive  over-the-air broadcast was 5 bars out of five. This needs to be fixed. 

Update:  TV model  TCL 55R617 Software 10.5 built 4198-30.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Antenna Signal After OS 10.5 update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we have identified the issue and this issue will be resolved in a future update. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

To avoid further confusion on this thread, we will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

324 REPLIES 324
Campagnolo4me
Reel Rookie

Signal Strength Bars stopped working after Roku Channel downloaded on Antenna app.

Jump to solution

Last night Roku download the Roku Channel Networks on my Antenna app, now my Signal Strength Bars no longer work properly.  Suppnot not a help! Trying to avoid a factory reset. 

Pedro123
Streaming Star

Re: Signal Strength Bars stopped working after Roku Channel downloaded on Antenna app.

Jump to solution

I will comment on this as I'm having the same problem since Dec 11th 2020 system update. This is a TCL issue but TCL does not have a community help site.

I have no signal strength bars as well, except for only one showing all the time - unless I click the "Home" button, then back to Channel button, then the signal bars show, but only for that channel. If I change channels I have to do the trick again for each channel.

I struggled with TCL on this issue for several days and told them it appears to be a software issue after the Dec 11 update. They ended up sending a tech who installed a new main board (for free) which did not fix the problem. Days later I got a phone call from a real TCL tech guy who said he was able to reproduce the issue on his personal TV. He could not give a time when the issue may be fixed.

Complain to TCL.

Campagnolo4me
Reel Rookie

Re: Signal Strength Bars stopped working after Roku Channel downloaded on Antenna app.

Jump to solution

TLC support is useless. 

Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, TCL support is useless but you have to keep at it. You need to get past the phone bank staff who know nothing.

Here is my case number on this issue: TCL Case # US01202100758

Reference that and see if that helps.

Sensiblecinema
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is still not fixed, in fact worse with 10.0

0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sensiblecinema, I commented on your other post, which should give you some ammo with TCL and provide an update to the problem.

0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Campagnolo4me, here is my latest response to another poster on this issue. Stay on top of TCL to fix this.

"I think the reason we're not seeing more complaints on this is most people use cable. I know Roku/TCL did not think I had a real problem in the beginning, even trying to say the TV was out of warranty. I had to fight to get further action.

TCL finally agreed to send a service person who installed a new main circuit board. But the problem persisted.

I finally got a call from a TCL engineer in California who said he duplicated the problem on his TV and that it would be fixed with the next software update. In April I got the update but it did not solve the problem.

I resurrected the original case # and got another call from a different engineer who said the replaced board was not synced with my model # (incompetent service guy) and that they would send another service guy to sync the board. They sent the SAME service guy who still had no clue about how to sync the board and said he was there to install yet another board. I refused and sent him on his way.

I then phoned the last engineer who had given me his phone number and he agreed to work with me to sync the board. We did this but it did not fix the problem. At this point I'm waiting for a call back from him as he is consulting with other engineers.

If it helps my case # is US04202109478 TCL should be aware that this is a widespread problem."

0 Kudos
Jayaro
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

All of mine show one bar. I guess it’s not a huge deal as long as they come in, but still weird. (50” 5 series 2020)

0 Kudos
Pedro123
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

We have an antenna rotor which has to be adjusted to get most stations. It's a hunt without the signal strength indicator. Position changes so I can't just set, mark, and forget.

Beside, it worked when new and I paid for it.

0 Kudos