Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slouzstouvre
Level 7

Shutting off and off and cycling through menu options

Jump to solution
My roku tv keeps shutting off and turning back on and then cycling through the menu options and shutting iff again. I've done a factory reset, checked for updates, took batteries out of the remote and unplugged from power strip. I'm at a loss. Is my tv toast?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Shutting off and off and cycling through menu options

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about the issue you are running into!

You'll want to reach out to your Roku TV manufacturer to report this issue, and request additional support and assistance. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Please keep us posted if there are any other questions we can help answer for you. 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about the issue you are running into!

You'll want to reach out to your Roku TV manufacturer to report this issue, and request additional support and assistance. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Please keep us posted if there are any other questions we can help answer for you. 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JessnRay
Level 8

Jump to solution

Did you ever figure it out? My tv is doing the same exact thing! I cany find any answers! Thank you! 

Visitor45763
Level 14

Jump to solution

@JessnRay wrote:

Did you ever figure it out? My tv is doing the same exact thing! I can't find any answers! Thank you! 

It's not clear from the OP's post whether you can access the menus (op says they checked for updates, etc., which sounds like you can access the menus. But, the rest of the description sounds like the tv is on autopilot.). If you can access the menus, I would go to home>settings>system>power and disable fast start. I would also do the restart in that power menu (not the same as a factory reset in the advanced menu, although that might be wise to try too). 

Finally, there should be a pinhole reset button on the back of the tv. I saw a video saying that unplugging the tv, depressing the reset button (with a paperclip), plugging the tv in while holding the button down, and continuing to hold the button until the front light flashes (some 10-20 seconds later) fixed a problem none of the menu restarts/resets could.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Slouzstouvre
Level 7

Jump to solution

Turns out the red button that receives signal from remote was covered in some muck from my 2 year old

JessnRay
Level 8

Jump to solution

Omg!!! Its working! Thank you soooooo much! I was about to throw it out the window! Haha ! Thank you for responding!