Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sharp roku tv screen randomly dimming and getting all pixelated back and fourth.

Jump to solution

Driving me crazy has never done this before I was watching and all of a sudden it started dimming and flashing but the screen was still on more like the backlight was getting brighter then dimming and then back to bright and then dimming. I've tried about everything even restarting it and factory resetting it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sharp roku tv screen randomly dimming and getting all pixelated back and fourth.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. If you are experiencing an issue with your TV's display panel flickering, or seeing significant fluctuation in brightness output levels, this is likely related to a hardware issue with the panel and is something that the TV manufacturer will need to help address. You'll want to contact support for your Roku TV manufacturer to report the issue and request additional assistance. Each Roku Tv manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products. You can find their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sharp roku tv screen randomly dimming and getting all pixelated back and fourth.

Jump to solution

Would love to know if you got this figured out mine does the same

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine is doing the same thing, so freaking annoying, thinking of selling this and getting a new better TV!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the notes here. If you are experiencing an issue with your TV's display panel flickering, or seeing significant fluctuation in brightness output levels, this is likely related to a hardware issue with the panel and is something that the TV manufacturer will need to help address. You'll want to contact support for your Roku TV manufacturer to report the issue and request additional assistance. Each Roku Tv manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products. You can find their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos