Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sharp roku tv audio cuts in and out only on youtube

Just as the subject says.

No problems in Netflix, prime, roku channel, or anything else.  But in youtube the audio will "skip" or cut out (hard to put in words).  But the video plays and the audio goes in and out for about 1 second or 2 and then it's fine.

Will do this evertpy 10-30 seconds randomly.

Very annoying.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Sharp roku tv audio cuts in and out only on youtube

Thanks for the note. 

Try removing the YouTube channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then, restart your Roku device. Once it loads up again, add the YouTube channel back once more from 'Streaming channels' and try your content again. If you're still running into the issue, you might try connecting your device to a different HDMI port on the TV to test if the same issue occurs. If so, you'll want to contact YouTube support to report the issue within their channel, and request additional assistance. You can reach them directly here: www.twitter.com/teamyoutube

If you need more help, feel free to PM me and I'll see how else we may be able to assist you. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Level 11

"Gilligan8" wrote:
Just as the subject says.

No problems in Netflix, prime, roku channel, or anything else.  But in youtube the audio will "skip" or cut out (hard to put in words).  But the video plays and the audio goes in and out for about 1 second or 2 and then it's fine.

Will do this evertpy 10-30 seconds randomly.

Very annoying.

Any ideas?

I experienced a similar issue last fall. It was irritating. Then, it cleared up. Never found out what was causing it, other than it began on YouTube. It cleared up after I got v9.0 on my device (Ultra model 4660). Software v9.0 is rolling out to Roku TV devices this quarter. Perhaps yours will clear up when you go from 8.2 to 9.0
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the advice and information.

I'll give it a try.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I experienced the same issue today. Again, this only happens on Youtube. I have Century Link for internet and have more than enough bandwidth to stream Youtube. I am using a Roku 3. I had an external speaker plugged into the remote control to get better sound. The sound was fine until I unplugged the speaker and used the sound from the tv itself. It was skipping like a broken record, so I plugged the external speaker back in and amazingly the sound went back to normal. I repeated this process several times with the same result, clear audio with external speaker, but broken sound from tv. I exited out of Youtube and then logged back into Youtube, Now I am having no issues with audio, both the external speaker and tv audio is back to normal. It's just strange.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I just signed up for youtube and immediately noticed the sound dropping out. I tried the suggestion here to delete the app from roku, then restart and readd it. I was very skeptical, but so far so good! not a single dropout of audio!

Thanks @RokuTannerD 

Be interesting to hear if others had same success...maybe help roku/youtube figure out wtf is going on there!

0 Kudos