Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sharp Roku Tv remote to soundbar?

Jump to solution

Is it possible to connect this remote to my Roku soundbar? The remote doesn’t have a pair button, but it’s the only remote I found that has the infamous DtvNOW button which I desperately need as I still have *AT&TvNow* and can’t be downloaded on my soundbar since it’s no longer available. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Sharp Roku Tv remote to soundbar?

Jump to solution

@Marlo15  Thanks for the note. As previously mentioned, Roku TV remotes are not compatible with Roku Streaming Player devices. You would need to use the remote that was included with your Roku Smart Soundbar to control that device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. Roku soundbars either use wifi remote or the standard Roku IR remote, which is a different IR signal then what Roku Tv's use. You could look on ebay for rc-al2 wifi remote that has a Directv Now key like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/90-New-Original-RC-AL2-For-ROKU-TV-Streaming-Box-Voice-Remote-Control-3600-...

Only problem is it lacks a mute key. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Marlo15  Thanks for the note. As previously mentioned, Roku TV remotes are not compatible with Roku Streaming Player devices. You would need to use the remote that was included with your Roku Smart Soundbar to control that device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My ruku tv keeps shutting off

Jump to solution

My 50” ruku tv keeps shutting off by its self while we are watching tv and we have done a factory reset and changed batteries to the remote that came with the tv and it’s still doing the same thing can you help on this cause I’m to the point where I just want to trash it and go buy a new tv it’s only 5 months old

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My ruku tv keeps shutting off

Jump to solution

@Ericacrow16 

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos