Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbaum
Level 7

Sharp Roku TV setup help

Hello,

I just bought a Sharp Roku TV model: LC50LBU711C and can not get past the 'Choose your language screen'.
When I plug in the TV it automatically turns on, shows the Roku logo and eventually lands on the guided setup screen where to choose the language. Now the problem is that when I press a button on the remote control a sound appears, such as the TV registers the input, but no action is performed.

Similarly, if I turn off the TV manually, I cannot turn the TV back on with the remote control.

I have tried resetting (unplugging the TV and removing the batteries) but it did not help.

Can you offer some suggestions how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sharp Roku TV setup help

Do you have a Cable remote or universal remote that you can program for the tv? It uses a very old code set found in many kinds of remotes that can be programmed for TV's. If you do, list the model and brand of the remote, I may be able to help.

Does the Sharp remote have pairing button in the battery compartment?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tsfitz
Level 7

Cox cable remote Motorola brand

0 Kudos
Tsfitz
Level 7

No

0 Kudos
Tsfitz
Level 7

We are having the same problem with a new Roku TV  we are setting up right now.  We do have a universal remote for Cox cable — i synched the cox remote and was able to turn the tv on and off, but will not move through the language choice — tv is stuck there

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Try tv codes 10178 or 10463.

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rbaum
Level 7

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I do not have a cable or universal remote. The Sharp remote also does not have a pairing button.

I have noticed that even just waiving the remote control in front of the TV sensor makes the sound as if a button is pressed (and not doing any action on the TV menu), even without pressing any button. Same thing happens when just blocking the line of sight between remote and  TV sensor with your hand.

0 Kudos
Tsfitz
Level 7

How do you do the codes?

0 Kudos
atc98092

My Sharp Roku TV is only an IR remote. I don't know for sure if the TV even supports a WiFi Direct remote. So for IR, you have to have a clear line of sight to the IR sensor on the TV. On my set, it's in the lower left corner of the TV frame. It doesn't take much to block the IR signal from reaching the TV. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos