Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awhyley
Reel Rookie

Sharp Roku TV keeps on flashing/blinking . . .

Greetings everyone,

I have a Roku LC32LB591U which keeps flashing and I don't know what's happening.  When I'm watching TV, it starts flashing on the Roku screensaver and keeps doing so for the longest time.  During this time, I can't turn off the TV with the remote and have to unplug via the power cord.  Also, if/when it "recovers" from blinking, it goes back to the home screen, and will either operate as normal, or go back into the loop.  I thought that it may have been because of overheating/increased usage, (since I've been home during the pandemic), so I had someone replace the motherboard, but that has not resolved the problem.  Has this happened to anyone and what did you do to solve the problem?  Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
awhyley
Reel Rookie

Re: Sharp Roku TV keeps on flashing/blinking . . .

Forgot to the mention that before the loop, the screen darkens a bit.  I've been reading up on here, and seeing that a change in the resolution might help.  Does anyone with a Roku Sharp know how to access "Display picture"?  I'm not seeing this option with my tv.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@awhyley

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing may be hardware related. Have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
awhyley
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

Thanks for responding.  I'm thinking the same.  The first time I called them, they told me to run the updates and see whether that would solve the problem.  It didn't.  I called back and explained that I had the mainboard switched out, and they told me that that should have solved the problem.  I'm explaining to them that I'm still experiencing this issue.

I'm using the TV less, in the hopes that that will help in some way, but I'm emailing Sharp later today.  We'll see what happens.  (edit: When I emailed, I got a failure msg., saying that "user is over quota").  Sigh.

0 Kudos
JKA03

Yes, please post resolution if you find one. It appears this is a very common issue. My 60” was only a year old.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JKA03,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
elainej

I'm having the same issue. Picture has darkened and is flashing on and off every few seconds. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @elainej

I hope you're doing well.

As previously mentioned by @RokuDanny-R in this thread, have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? We'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos