Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Sharp Roku TV change resolution (plz reply)

How do I change the resolution or display type on my sharp/roku tv? The setting seems to be missing for this version of the tv. I need to be able to select the resolution, like 4k and 1080p, so I can connect a device like the nintendo switch.

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Sharp Roku TV change resolution (plz reply)

TVs can't change their resolution. The display is always set on its designed resolution. It doesn't matter what the capabilities of the device that you connect via HDMI, as long as it offers a resolution that the TV supports. If your Roku TV is a 4K set, it will have no problems with anything connected at 1080p or 720p. Now some older devices might only offer 1080i, and your TV most likely won't accept that resolution. But if you're connecting something recent, there likely won't be an issue. 

I just looked up the specs on the Nintendo Switch, and it outputs both 1080p and 720p. You won't have any issues with that. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos