Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sharp Roku TV Losing WiFi after software update

Hello all,

Have been using various Roku products for years now. This Roku TV (Sharp LC-43LB601U) updated to software version 9.3.0 build 4175-71 on June 11th 2020. Ever since the update we have been randomly losing WiFi. All other devices...including another Roku (4620) have no issues...only this device. A restart resolves the issue 100% of the time but only for 24-48 hours. We know the WiFi is out because the time displayed in the upper right corner of the screen disappears. When this happens we also notice the interface is sluggish to respond to input from the remote as well.

Is there any way to revert back to the previous version of the software until the bugs are worked out? Any other suggestions? The TV has been flawless until it updated software 10 days ago.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Sharp Roku TV Losing WiFi after software update

There's only one known way to revert and it's temporary at best if it's even available.  On your Roku remote, press the Home button 5 times followed by the Fast Forward button (>>) 3 times followed by Rewind (<<) twice.  Ignore anything that happens on the screen and do it quickly.  If you did it properly you should be in the "Secret Screen".  Go down to "Update software" and press OK.  It may offer you the previous version, but it also may not.  There's a good chance it will just update again automatically even if you can downgrade.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately no previous version is offered from this menu...just the current version.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@KenYn 

Thanks for the post.

I have replied to your PM that you have sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same problem. Please refer to many other threads about this. All those who used Ethernet to connect lost network connectivity completely and all functionality with the 9.3 update. Inhave done factory reset and switched to WiFi, and now my remote control will not control the tv properly. I have written in to Roku with no response. @RokuDanny-R 

Roku TV 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Provided issue ID on 6-24-2020 per request.  Hopefully this will get resolved pretty quickly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kissingfish 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information so we can look further into the issue:

-Roku TV model
-serial number
-device ID
-OS version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Tracker ID (after this issue occurs, press the Home button 5x, followed by the Back button 5x)
-when did this issue start to occur?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

-Roku TV model : 5317X   LC-43LB481U
-serial number: 2 N001U879330
-device ID: 7D6781879330
-OS version: 9.3.0 build 4182-13

-Tracker ID (after this issue occurs, press the Home button 5x, followed by the Back button 5x)

ID 30-260-354

-when did this issue start to occur?

The issue started with one of the last updates to 9.3. I was using an Ethernet adapter to access the network and we have discovered on another thread that that update rejected this setup. The time and date kept reverting back to the time of the update and would be out of sync with all my streaming apps. 
I did a temporary fix by using the hidden menu to revert to the previous system update. Then a few days ago when the system updated again, the problem resurfaced. 
no one has emailed me from Roku support, but I did a factory reset and realized I needed to switch to WiFi. Now the remote control is only responsive when the tv is not connected to WiFi. Once it connects it behaves as if something is blocking the signal. I have to get up close to the tv and push the buttons a hundred times. 
soundbar works fine as if nothing is wrong. When not connected to WiFi, this problem doesn’t occur. 

@RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kissingfish 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku TV Lost WiFi connection

I have this same problem.  Did you figure out a solution?

0 Kudos