Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madeira83
Level 7

Sharp 55in Roku TV - Full Control of CEC devices.

Hi,
I have a Sharp 55 inch roku tv with CEC enabled. I also have a fire stck that i have enabled CEC on it and i am trying to control the fire stick using the roku remote. I have an Insignia TV that when i enable CEC on that i have full directional control of the fire stick when i use the Insignia remote control but I am unable to do the same with the Roku. Under the Roku settings all i see for CEC is the power and audio settings for it. Is there no way to fully control a CEC device from a Roku TV? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Sharp 55in Roku TV - Full Control of CEC devices.

CEC doesn't always provide complete control via one device's remote. My Samsung TV remote will perform some actions on my Sony BD player, but it does nothing to my Roku player or my Nvidia Shield. Basically, if something works, great. But if it doesn't, there's probably nothing you can do.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos