Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danross
Level 7

Sharp 43" Roku TV - Color Temperature settings stop working after any input change

Hi there,  I've got a 43" Sharp UHD Roku TV updated to the latest system software  (9.3.0 Build - 418238)

The color temp settings (Warm, Cool etc) only function for the first time you pick an input after turning on the TV, after that if you switch inputs, go the homescreen or anywhere else,  they cease to function altogether.  The only way to get them back is to fully unplug the TV from its power source then restart it.  Even then,  the second you switch inputs,  bam, they do not function at all anymore.  Anyone else having this issue or found a fix?  Is it a glitch with the latest software update?

Thanks!
Dan 

[personal information removed]

2 REPLIES 2\
Fathernature59
Level 8

Re: Sharp 43" Roku TV - Color Temperature settings stop working after any input change

I have the very same issue with my TLC Series 6 television (ROKU) when switching inputs or going to the home screen. The color temperature settings stop working. It appears like the TV reverts back to the native color space when the glitch occurs. The screen gets a red color push just like the native color space.

It appears to have happened after a recent firmware upgrade. My current firmware is 9.3.0 build 4194-30

It also affects my ROKU mobile app when this occurs. The only setting that works in the “expert picture settings” section of the app is Picture Mode. Everything else has no effect. I have to do a reboot or unplug the TV to clear the glitch, every time. 

0 Kudos
bob511
Level 7

Re: Sharp 43" Roku TV - Color Temperature settings stop working after any input change

Seeing this too for a week or two on a TCL 55R617, firmware 9.3.0 build 4194-30.  Power off (whether fast restart is enabled or disabled) doesn't resolve the problem, but a reboot from the system settings menu allows color temperature and other picture settings to work until the next input switch.

Per a reddit thread, pulling up the Secret Screen 1 (Home x 5, FF x 3, RWD x 2) and forcing a re-update from 9.3.0.4194 to 9.3.0.4194 seems to have resolved it for the time being (color temperature and other picture settings remain functional across input switches), but seems like there's reason to think it might not be a permanent fix.

0 Kudos