Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluesdrummer
Level 7

Setup problems with Roku Streaming stick.

I just bought a new Roku streaming+ stick for $50.00. It will not get passed the activate section in setup. Tech support tells me that it needs to be updated in order to work with, the same wi-fi that my Roku 3 is using, that's in another room.  .... "and" It will cost $70.00 dollars for them to do just that. It updated when I first installed it.  There were NO PROBLEMS setting up the Roku 3, and no charge.  What am I missing here???

Thank your for any help....Bluesdrummer

1 REPLY 1\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Setup problems with Roku Streaming stick.

Hi @Bluesdrummer,

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you weren't speaking with a Roku representative. Please be aware that Roku will never charge for support or device activation services.

For more information about activation, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service or device ... - Roku

For further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,

Mary