Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup problems with Roku Streaming stick.

I just bought a new Roku streaming+ stick for $50.00. It will not get passed the activate section in setup. Tech support tells me that it needs to be updated in order to work with, the same wi-fi that my Roku 3 is using, that's in another room.  .... "and" It will cost $70.00 dollars for them to do just that. It updated when I first installed it.  There were NO PROBLEMS setting up the Roku 3, and no charge.  What am I missing here???

Thank your for any help....Bluesdrummer

1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Setup problems with Roku Streaming stick.

Hi @Bluesdrummer,

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you weren't speaking with a Roku representative. Please be aware that Roku will never charge for support or device activation services.

For more information about activation, visit our Support page here: Will I be charged for customer service or device ... - Roku

For further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,

Mary